About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Friday 27 July 2012

Review: Half-Blood [Covenant 01] by Jennifer L. Armentrout!

Publication date: 18th October 2011
Paperback edition: 281 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill Daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck. - goodreads.com
Favourite Quote: “Two people see each across a room or their skin brushes. Their souls recognise the person as their own. It doesn’t need time to figure it. The soul always knows… whether it’s right or wrong.” 


After reading Obsidian also by Jennifer L. Armentrout I decided to give Jennifer's Covenant Series a chance and boy am I glad I did. I didn't actually think that I would like Alex as much as I did as she thought that she could do what she wanted and get away with it until her mother was 'killed' by a Daimon and I realised that Alex acted tough but inside she was broken and that she was really strong. Alex is a half blood and Aiden is a pure blood which means that they are not allowed to be together even though they have feelings for each other. Aiden St. Delphi is a Senital and he was a crush-worthy character who really helped Alex through this book. He was really sweet and you could tell that he felt something for Alex but that he couldn't act on them. Seth is the Apollyon and he was curious about Alex until it is revealed that Alex is also the Apollyon which was such a good twist. Seth also starts to grow to like Alex maybe a little too much. The Greek Mythology used in this book was amazing and I actually think it was the first kind of book with Greek Mythology in it that I actually enjoyed. Alex grows so much in this book and it was nice to see her stand up for herself against her mother. I thought that Caleb was such a good friend to Alex and he stood up for her against other people in the Covenant after they blame Alex for the murders which were caused by her mother who has been turned into a Daimon and he always supports her immensely. Lea was the bitch of the book and she always tried to have a dig at Alex but Alex just got her own back on her. The ending of this book was so amazing, Alex gets taken by her mother who trys to change her into a Daimon so that her mother can control her and I felt sorry when Alex had to kill her mother but she did the right thing. I cannot express how much I loved this book and people actually have to read it and its sequel, Pure which is out now!


No comments:

Post a Comment