About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Monday 23 July 2012

Review: Obsidian [Lux 01] by Jennifer L. Armentrout!

First publication date: 29th November 2011
Second publication date: 8th May, 2012
Paperback edition: 335 pages
Source: Bought
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis:Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
A
nd then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is. - goodreads.com
Favourite Quote: “I've always found that the most beautiful people, truly beautiful inside and out, are the ones who are quietly unaware of their effect." His eyes searched mine intently, and for a moment we stood there toe to toe. "The ones who throw their beauty around, waste what they have? Their beauty is only passing. It's just a shell hiding nothing but shadows and emptiness.”

This was one of they books where you don't really know what to expect until you actually read it. Obsidian was one of the best books I have ever had the pleasure of reading and I enjoyed every minute of it. The characters were feisty and well written and the plot was different to a lot of other books and also ALIENS. From the beginning I was hooked and then I was biting my nails with Daemon and Katy's relationship and how sarcastic and funny they were towards each other and it was nice to see Dee stand up to Daemon about her friendship with Katy and the 'Laptop Scene' was so HOT that I think I actually started sweating and then the prom made me SQUEAL as it was so romantic and funny when Daemon threatened to carry Katy out to the car over his shoulder and then Katy kicking that Arums ass and saving Daemon was brave and it changed Daemon's opinion of her and then his opinion changed again when Katy led Baruck away from Dee and then the big fight scene at the end was epic and then the ending awwwwww the ending was so different because normally in the first book of a series the main characters normally meet, get to know each other and then they fall in love and I was expecting this book to be the same until Katy walked out the door after Daemon told her that he liked her and then Katy's like “No. Sorry. You have spent months being the biggest jerk to me. You don't get to decide to like me one day and think I will forget that. I want someone to care for me like my dad cared for my mom. And you aren't him.”which was brave and it showed Daemon that he needs to prove to Katy that what he feels for her is real. I cannot wait for Onyx which is out in under a month and I have already read some reviews on it and apparently it is better than Obsidian so that means it must be EPIC and the teasers are sooo juicy.




No comments:

Post a Comment