About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Interview with Ally Thomas!

Hey Ally! Thank you so much for spending time with us!

For the readers out there that haven't read your series could you tell us a quick bit about it?


Sure. The description I wrote for the first part of my series, The Vampire from Hell sums it up best. Rayea is the oldest daughter of Satan and she feels the origin of vampires started in Hell, and it started with her. Rayea isn't daddy's little girl, even if he is the most powerful fallen angel around. He wants her to take an active role in the family business. But she's not interested in his schemes for world domination. Instead she wants to spend her time shopping on the Internet, rescuing humans from a horrific eternity, and practicing martial arts with her seven foot hellhound. Then one day everything changes. She's turned into a vampire by her father.

I absolutly love The Vampire from Hell Series! Are you surprised by the response you have had for it?

It’s been great to see that a lot of people, from all ages, like this series. I’ve been blown away by the response actually.


What inspired you to write The Vampire from Hell Series?

After reading vampire fiction for many years, I grew tired of the same themes and plots. That’s when I decided to write my own paranormal book. I thought what if Satan turned one of his daughters into a vampire in Hell? And what if she was a fan of mankind, not interested in his quest for world domination? What would she be like? Meet Rayea, the Vampire from Hell. Oddly enough this idea hit me when I bought a t-shirt at Wal-Mart. It had the phrase "Zombie Vampires from Hell" on it so that turned into "The Vampire from Hell."

Are you currently writing a new book? If you are could you maybe tell us a little bit about that book please!

Yes, I am. I’m currently working on Part 4 that will be out around Halloween this year. It’s called "The Vampire from Hell Returns (Part 4)" and the description I wrote for it is as follows: "Blood of the gods has brought a new dimension to Rayea’s life as the vampire from Hell. As she juggles her new responsibilities and starting a relationship with her best friend, Blick, Rayea realizes her sordid past with her family may be catching up with her. When two of her friends go missing, she knows she must begin a search to find them. And the first place she has to look? Hell."

Do you have a Favorite Quote from The Vampire from Hell series?

In Part 1, Rayea's comment to her sister, Stephanie. "Even in Hell, we need to keep our sense of humor, sis."

What would you say is your favorite thing about being an author?

Hearing from my readers.

What has been your toughest criticism and best compliment given to you as an author?

I’m learning from some of the reviews I get, especially for Part 1 since it’s the freebie that this series is really a "Love or Hate" situation. Some readers LOVE it while others don’t. I find that really interesting and thankfully I’m lucky that I have more LOVE reviews than the hate ones.

Best compliment given to me as an author would be the tags I received early last year for Part 1 on Amazon. Before I understood the tagging process, I had people tell me that they could go to www.amazon.com and type in ‘vampire’ and my books would come up in the list. Someone who read and liked my books did that for me. Typically the author can go in after their book is published and add tags to their book. I didn’t know to do that at the time. I will have to say however that on Amazon.uk my books don’t come up first in the list.


Is there anything you find particularly challenging in writing?

When I started writing last January, I always thought ideas would be tough for me to think of. I thought I’d run out of ideas at some point. Luckily that has not been the case. Oddly enough my challenge has been literally finding the time to write. I currently work full-time so I have to wake up around 2 or 3 in the morning to write before I go to work. I carry my iPhone with me and email notes to myself if I think of an idea or phrase of dialogue. My email is cramped full of emails I have to sift through to see if it is something I’ll add to the new story. It’s an odd system, but so far it works for me. I look forward to a day when I can write primarily vampire fiction instead of online training.

Is there anything you'd like to say to your fans/readers?

I have the best fans in the world I think :) A lot of people have taken the time to contact me and express what reading my current series, the Vampire from Hell means to them. Their emails, posts to my Facebook wall, comments on my blog, and tweets put the wind in my sails to forge ahead as I continue to juggle working by day and writing at night. It makes waking up at 2 am to write easier, knowing someone is out there waiting to find out what Rayea will be doing next. As always, I write for them and I thank them for reading my books!

Quick Fire Round!

Favourite Food: French Fries
Favourite Country: United States
Favourite Colour: Purple
Favourite Animal: Tigers
Favourite Book: "Interview with the Vampire" by Anne Rice
Favorite Movie: It's A Wonderful Life
Favorite Pop: Foo Fighters
Favorite Restaurant: Uncle Julio’s

Thank you so much for agreeing to an interview Ally! You are awesome!

Author bio:
Ally Thomas loves writing fantasy and paranormal books about vampires, werewolves, zombies, witches, and any furry monsters who go bump in the night. She enjoys imagining new origins for these traditional creatures and seeing where it'll take her.

Ally lives in the south with her husband and her unproductive furry co-workers including two cats and a dog. She is currently writing the Vampire from Hell series in which Rayea, the oldest daughter of Satan, reveals that the origin of vampires started in Hell, and it started with her. The Vampire from Hell series continues in 2012. Learn more at
www.allythomas.com.





Buy Ally's books on Amazon (UK):
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ally-Thomas/e/B004VY7JB4/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1
Buy Ally's books on Amazon (US): http://www.amazon.com/Ally-Thomas/e/B004VY7JB4/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

No comments:

Post a Comment