About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Thursday 13 September 2012

Review: Tears of the Broken [Dark Secrets 01] by A.M. Hudson!

Publication date: 27th November 2011
Paperback edition: 483 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 3 stars
Synopsis: Blood and death aside...love is all that should matter.

Tragedy brought her to a new place.
Fate put her in the arms of a vampire.
The truth will tear her apart.

Hailed as the most inspiring read since Twilight.
Take a journey of tears and heartache as Ara finds that love is a reason to live.
Will the vampire be her knight, or will the truth about him finish what Fate started? - goodreads.com

Favourite quote: “Love is irrational. Love is unfair."

The synopsis is very vague for this book so I wasn't really sure what to expect so when I read some reviews before starting this book people were associating it with Twilight and I used to like the Twilight books until I realised how bad they were so I was a little wary when I started this book but I have to say that it holds its own against the Twilight books! I didn't really enjoy this book as much as I thought I would though! I thought that the pace was quite slow and at some points it dragged which made me lose interest! The pace did eventually pick up about half way through which made me want to read on! Ara-Rose was the main character and sometimes she annoyed me but she did start to grow on me as I progressed through Tears of the Broken! I felt horrible for her when we heard her story and my heart went out to her!  David Knight was the love interest of Ara and I did like him and of course he was hot and protective. The secondary characters were funny and such good friends to Ara and David! There weren't any climaxes in this book that had me begging to read on and it did not have a cliffhanger that would make me want to read the next book so I am not sure if I will continue to read the next books in this series but I have been told that they go at a faster pace than this one did so I might give them a try! I do like the cover though!




No comments:

Post a Comment