About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Review: Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout!

Publication date: 18th September 2012
Paperback edition: 312 pages
Source: Hardback
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Dying sucks-- and high school senior Ember McWilliams knows firsthand. After a fatal car accident, her gifted little sister brought her back. Now anything Ember touches dies. And that, well, really blows.

Ember operates on a no-touch policy with all living things--including boys. When Hayden Cromwell shows up, quoting Oscar Wilde and claiming her curse is a gift, she thinks he's a crazed cutie. But when he tells her he can help control it, she's more than interested. There's just one catch: Ember has to trust Hayden's adopted father, a man she's sure has sinister reasons for collecting children whose abilities even weird her out.

However, she's willing to do anything to hold her sister's hand again. And hell, she'd also like to be able to kiss Hayden. Who wouldn't? But when Ember learns the accident that turned her into a freak may not have been an accident at all, she's not sure who to trust. Someone wanted her dead, and the closer she gets to the truth, the closer she is to losing not only her heart, but her life. For real this time

Favourite quote: "Yes," he said seriously. "Your lips, your cheeks, your eyes...I find everything abou you beautiful.Your strength, the way you care for your sister..." His gaze dropped, and I shivered I admire your control. Your willpower. Everything. I wouldn't change a thing about you."

You have done it again Jennifer! Congratulations! Cursed is ANOTHER hit by the awesome Jennifer L. Armentrout! I loved it! This book was so unique and so different to any of Jennifer's other books that it took me a while to get into it but when I did I could not put it down! Jennifer is known for her amazing romances and the one in this book is just plain steamy! Ember McWilliams is the main character in Cursed and I really liked her! I thought she was troubled and trying her best to help everyone instead of herself! You could also see the love between her and her sister, Olivia which was amazing! Ember had also been through so much in her life and she still put a smile on her face! Hayden Cromwell was the love interest of Ember and he was hot and swoon worthy! I liked that Ember and Hayden's relationship developed slowly and then progressed and I though that they were an amazing couple! The secondary characters in this book were very well written and there were enough of them to keep you guessing who the mystery person was! The plot to Cursed was so amazing and it held my interest the whole way through! I also hope that this book turns into a series as I could definitely use more Ember and Hayden! The cover is also beautiful!

4 comments:

  1. I Really want to read this book looks really good and from your review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Every Jennifer L. Armentrout book has blew my mind so far! She is an amazing author! Cursed actually came out today but my copy came at the beginning of the month :)

      Delete
  2. Jennifer does have Facebook and she accepts all of her fans! Here is her facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JenniferLArmentrout

    ReplyDelete