About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Saturday 8 September 2012

Interview with Alyssa Rose Ivy!

Hey guys! A friend of mine recently interviewed Alyssa Rose Ivy and she very kindly allowed me to post it on my blog as well! I have not read any of Alyssa's books yet but they are on definitely on my list to read! Hope you guys enjoy the interview! This interview was first posted by Book Dream Land's Blog: http://booktimeforlife.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/alyssa-rose-ivy-interview.html

Is there anything you'd love to tell us about yourself? 

I'm a mom of two young children who loves sharing my stories. I'm addicted to coffee, and I can't seem to ever get enough chocolate.

For the readers out there that haven't read your book series could you tell us a quick bit about it?   

I have two series out right now. The Afterglow Trilogy is a YA fantasy with lots of action and romance. One unique part is that it’s a dual narrative from a sister and brother. The Crescent Chronicles is a mature YA/ new adult series about college students in New Orleans.  

How does it feel having your series be loved by so many? 

I've enjoyed sharing my stories, and I’m grateful for everyone who has taken a chance on a new author.

How did you come up with the idea to write The Afterglow Trilogy? 

It all started with a dream. Although the scene I dreamed never made it into the books, the characters of Charlotte and Calvin did. 

What has been your favourite thing about The Afterglow Trilogy? 

 I love creating the fantastical world of Energo. It has been such a fun and creative experience. But my absolute favourite part is the relationships between the characters.   

Do you have a Favourite Quote from The Afterglow Trilogy? 

I’m partial to the last line of Beckoning Light. It’s James talking to Charlotte. “Don’t worry, Charlotte. No matter what everyone else sees, you will always have the afterglow.”   

Any set date on the last book coming out yet? anyway to get a small teaser?!?!   

Enduring Light is releasing this spring. I have a date set with my editor and I can’t wait to share the final book of the series. No teasers yet, but I’ll let everyone know as soon as I’m ready to start sharing.

Who is your favourite character? why? 

I love Charlotte. She has such an incredible inner strength and is such a passionate person. 

Who designed your cover? 

Claudia of Phatpuppy Art designed all of the Afterglow covers.  

What would you say is your favourite thing about becoming an author? 

One the best parts has been getting to know so many amazing authors, bloggers and readers. It's also amazing to have the opportunity to share my stories.  

When did you start writing? 

I've been writing for as long as I can remember, but Beckoning Light was the first novel I published.

Why/how did you chose to write paranormal books? 

I love escaping into fantastical and paranormal worlds— they are so much fun to create and read.

What has been your toughest criticism given to you as an author? Best compliment? 

My toughest criticism is usually about Charlotte being too shy. Best compliment: it's always wonderful to hear that someone enjoyed your book.    

Is there any particular author that helped influence you into become an author?

No one particular author influenced me. It was a general love of writing and reading.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in writing?

The hardest part for me is deciding which project to work on. I usually have three or four ideas fighting for my attention.

Do you have any advice for aspiring writer/authors? 

My biggest advice is to write what you love and what you’re passionate about. 

Is there anything you'd like to say to your fans/readers? 

Thank you for continuing to read my books and for allowing me to share my stories with you. 

Quickfire Round: Note: my favourite change a lot J

Favourite Food: Chocolate
Favourite Country: U.S.
Favourite Colour: Pink
Favourite Animal: Dogs
Favourite Book: Moby Dick 
Favourite Movie: Dead Poet’s Society 
Favourite Drink: coffee
Favourite Restaurant: Lately this Italian place where I am in NC   

I just wanna give you a MASSIVE thank you for taking the time to sit and share with us a little about yourself and your writing experiences!   

Author Bio:

Alyssa Rose Ivy is a Young Adult and New Adult author who loves to weave stories with romance and a southern setting. Although raised in the New York area, she fell in love with the South after moving to New Orleans for college. After years as a perpetual student, she turned back to her creative side and decided to write. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and two young children, and she can usually be found with a cup of coffee in her hand.




Check out Alyssa's website: http://alyssaroseivy.com/
Add Alyssa on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AlyssaRoseIvy
Add Alyssa on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/AlyssaRoseIvy

No comments:

Post a Comment