About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Review: Destine [The Watcher's Trilogy 01] by Katherine Polillo!

Publication date: 8th August 2012
Paperback edition: 255 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Michelle Cross is an average, seventeen year old girl growing up in a small town in New Jersey. Up until her senior year, her life has consisted of a rather unglamorous existence. Her closet friend Cami has been by her side since kindergarten, she has a loving if somewhat absente father, and a mother who is unique to say the least. Michelle’s mother was diagnosed with schizophrenia when she was twelve years old, and ever since then she has had delusions of angels and demons battling over her only child. Michelle accepts her mother’s delusions as schizophrenic ramblings, until a handsome new boy finds her at school. Little by little Michelle’s world is turned upside down. The new boy claims to be the Archangel Gabriel cast from heaven, her best friend falls for the Antichrist, and come to find out Michelle’s mother has seen it coming all along. So instead of being consumed with prom and graduation, Michelle finds herself battling the evils of Hell in her small town. The four horsemen of the apocalypses have descended on her high school and with the help of Gabriel, her very own angel; she must stop the events leading to the apocalypse. What surprises Michelle even more than her role in saving humanity is the love that develops between Gabriel and herself. Can their love bridge the world between heaven and earth? Can Michelle stop the powers of Hell in time? Michelle and Gabriel find themselves the pawns in a very dangerous game between an ancient power with a mysterious message and Satan himself. - goodreads.com

I had heard great things about Destine before I had even started reading it so I was very excited to read and review it myself! I completely have to agree with everything I was told about this book! It was amazing! Destine went at such a good pace and I never once lost interest as I read it. It just got better and better as you progressed through it and I absolutely loved it! Michelle Cross is the main character in Destine and I really liked her and I thought that she was easy to connect with! I felt sorry for Michelle as her mother had been diagnosed with Schizophrenia and also her best friend, Cami was starting to pull away from her because of a boy, Alex Chase who seems to play a bigger part in Destine than you would think and also so does Cami! Michelle grows so much through this book and it was great to see these changes happen and watch her take on every challenge with bravery and determination! Gabriel is the love interest of Michelle and of course he was hot and protective but he was also mysterious and I absolutely adored him! I loved Michelle and Gabriel's relationship through Destine and I thought that they were such a great couple! I thought that the references to the Bible were interesting and completely relevant as it suited the story as Destine had Angels and Demons in it. I loved the ending to Destine as it was full of suspense and I could not put it down! I cannot wait to read the squeal to Destine as I really loved this book that much! I really like the cover as it makes sense to you after you have read the book!


No comments:

Post a Comment