About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Review: Death and the Girl Next Door [Darklight 01] by Darynda Jones!

Publication date: 2nd October 2012
Paperback edition: 320 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 4 stars
Synopsis: Ten years ago, Lorelei's parents disappeared without a trace. Raised by her grandparents and leaning on the support of her best friends, Lorelei is finally beginning to accept the fact that her parents are never coming home. For Lorelei, life goes on.

High school is not quite as painful as she thinks it will be, and things are as normal as they can be. Until the day the school's designated loner, Cameron Lusk, begins to stalk her, turning up where she least expects it, standing outside her house in the dark, night after night. Things get even more complicated when a new guy—terrifying, tough, sexy Jared Kovach—comes to school. Cameron and Jared instantly despise each other and Lorelei seems to be the reason for their animosity. What does Jared know about her parents? Why does Cameron tell Jared he can't have Lorelei? And what will any of them do when Death comes knocking for real? Thrilling, sassy, sexy, and inventive, Darynda Jones's first foray into the world of teens will leave readers eager for the next installment.


I was really looking forward to this book after I read the synopsis and I have to say that it took me a while to actually get into it! I really liked the plot though but sometimes I got a bit lost and I would have to go back and read the last page for it to make sense to me but the plot was interesting! The action scenes in this book were full of suspense and they had me on the edge of my seat! Lorelei McAlistar was a good main character but at the beginning of the book she annoyed me a bit but then she started to grow on me! Jared Kovach was hot! He was also a mystery at first and he was protective of Lorelei! Cameron Lusk was kind of creepy at the beginning of this book and then as I progressed through I learned why! There felt like there was a love triangle in this book and I am not sure if it was supposed to happen but I did enjoy it! I think Lorelei's friends were so great and such great friends to Lorelei, Jared and Cameron! They were also very funny! The ending was really good and it also left a sort of cliffhanger! I will probably read the next instalment of this series! I also love the cover! Big thank you to St. Martin's Press and Netgalley for the ARC!


No comments:

Post a Comment