About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Sunday 7 October 2012

Review: Eve and Adam by Katherine Applegate and Michael Grant!

Publication date: 2nd October 2012 (ARC provided by Macmillan Children's Publishing Group via Netgalley)
Paperback edition: 304 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Sixteen-year-old Evening Spiker lives an affluent life in San Francisco with her mother, EmmaRose, a successful geneticist and owner of Spiker Biotech. Sure, Evening misses her father who died mysteriously, but she’s never really questioned it. Much like how she’s never stopped to think how off it is that she’s never been sick. That is, until she’s struck by a car and is exposed to extensive injuries. Injuries that seem to be healing faster than physically possible.

While recuperating in Spiker Biotech’s lush facilities, she meets Solo Plissken, a very attractive, if off-putting boy her age who spent his life at Spiker Biotech. Like Evening, he’s never questioned anything... until now. Solo drops hints to Evening that something isn’t right, and Emma-Rose may be behind it. Evening puts this out of her mind and begins her summer internship project: To simulate the creation of the perfect boy. With the help of Solo, Evening uncovers secrets so big they could change the world completely. - goodreads.com


Eve and Adam starts with a bang and it doesn't stop all the way through this book! I wasn't really sure what to expect of Eve and Adam when I requested an ARC but this book definitely exceeded my expectations! Eve and Adam is told from the perspectives of Evening 'Eve,'Solo and sometimes Adam. I really enjoyed this book from their three perspectives and I think that it made the book even better as you got to get inside their heads and really connect with them. I felt so sorry for Eve through this book and even more so after she had been run over and she was faced with serious injuries and she had been lied to by her mother for her entire life. Solo was so sweet to Eve and I thought that they were very cute together. I really liked Aislin even though she brought a lot of trouble to Eve with Maddox but I thought that she was a great friend to Eve and Eve was a great support to Aislin. Too be honest though I had to read every word in this book to actually understand what was going on but it was definitely worth it and I also only got into it after I had read about 30% of it but after that I was hooked! I thought that Eve was so brave when she found out what her mother and father had done to her. There is a teeny tiny love triangle in this book but it gets resolved so quickly that it likes its not even there. The twists in this book just kept coming and most of them were so unexpected that they will literally have you jumping up and down in your seat! The ending of Eve and Adam was so great! It had everything in it which I loved and it also tied up all the loose ends in the book. I think that the cover for this books suits it really well! I seriously cannot wait for the next book to continue Eve and Solo's journey! Big thank you to Macmillan Children's Publishing Group and Netgalley for the ARC!

No comments:

Post a Comment