About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Saturday 20 October 2012

Review: Gifted [Gifted 01] by Jenny Phillips!

Publication date: 4th November 2012
Paperback edition: 262 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Plagued by recurring dreams of a faceless, yet strangely familiar man, and struggling to adapt to unique powers, Morgan Cauldwell moves halfway across the country to Manchester Academy. Once at MAC, Morgan meets the mysterious Chase Thomas. He knows more about Morgan than she knows about herself, and through him, Morgan learns she is Gifted. With the help of Chase and the Gifted Council, Morgan begins to learn how to control and develop the powers that have kept her isolated her whole life.

While the mysteries of her dream man begin to unfold, Morgan’s powers quickly surpass even the Council’s expectations. But how much power should one person be allowed to possess…and at what price? Morgan finds herself face to face with her worst nightmares, where nothing is as it seems and not all Gifted are content with the powers they’ve been given.

Favourite quote: "Our bodies seemed to fit together perfectly, like two puzzle pieces, and it became too hard to separate my thoughts from from my need to be near him..."

This book was so good! I loved it and I thought that it is well worth the read! I have to say though that I felt that it went a bit slow at the beginning but then it picked up so quickly and I couldn't put it down! I really enjoyed the characters! Morgan Cauldwell was the main character and it took me a while to really connect with her but when I did I loved her and also her personality! I also felt really sorry for her as she had been through a lot! Chase Thomas was the one of the love interests of Morgan and I absolutely adored him! Morgan's friends were so nice and they were really supportive of her! There was a love triangle in this book between Morgan, Chase and Nolan but it is not the main focus of the book and it doesn't continue throughout the full book which I liked! I was totally Team Chase throughout the whole book though! I thought that the plot was really good and really original and I really enjoyed it! I am so looking forward to the next book in this series after that MASSIVE cliffhanger and I also love the new cover! Big thank you to Jenny for an ARC of Gifted!


No comments:

Post a Comment