About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Friday 19 October 2012

Bullying...

Okay so as October is Bullying Awareness month I thought that I would make a post on it! After seeing a very emotional video and reading someone who is very close to me story I thought that a post on my views on bullying would be appropriate.

Bullying affects everyone! Male, female, old, young. I have seen bullying firsthand like a lot of other people have and it is one of the worst things that I have ever seen. Even a simple push or hit is classified as bullying! It comes in many forms, some worse than others but they all have the exact same effect. Different forms include physical, verbal, emotional, sexual and racial. Bullying can scar someone for life, physically and/or mentally. It can leave someone feeling vulnerable and alone. No-one should ever feel like this! It can make someone feel like committing suicide or start cutting themselves and that is wrong on so many levels! Bullying can also make people lose their self esteem which can lead to many health issues like anorexia or obesity. Many people feel like they cannot escape from their tormentors but help is everywhere! You could go to a parent, a teacher, your brother or sister or even just a friend!

Cyberbullying: I feel like I have to address this one separately as it seems to be the most common these days. This is how Wikipedia explains it "Cyberbullying is the use of the Internet and related technologies to harm other people, in a deliberate, repeated, and hostile manner." I feel that this one is the one that affects most people as we all have Facebook and Twitters and it is so easy to bully someone through a computer but not to their face. It still has the exact same effect as say physical bullying but in some cases it has an even worse effect and can result in suicides. Why do we continue to let this happen?

I have been bullied but this post is not about me, it is about all the other people out there who have been or are being bullied. I think that you are all amazing and amazingly strong! I have had close friends of mine bullied and I have went through it! My heart goes out to whoever has been bullied and I feel like I have gotten to know some amazing people through my experience of being bullied! I could say many things about bullies but I won't! All I will say about them is that they are cowards! I can't do much to help prevent bullying but by taking the pledge and making this post, I hope that I help people, even just one person, then I know that I have achieved something truly amazing!

Sparring Stepsisters has done an amazing thing for Bullying Awareness month! They have started a pledge to stop bullying for authors, bloggers and bookaholics! I personally thank you Sparring Stepsisters for this amazing step! Down below there is a link to their blog and on it you can take the pledge to help stop bullying! Help start a revolution by joining in! Together we will beat bullying!

As I finish my post I leave you all with the burning question: Do you tolerate bullying?

You can pledge here: http://sparringstepsisters.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/dear-indie-authors-bloggers-we-first.html

You can read Tamara's heart wretching story here: http://krystalclearbookreviews.wordpress.com/2012/10/18/bullying/

 
 
 I took the pledge, have you?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You guys are awesome as well for doing all of this! It is an amazing idea! Thank you! <3

      Delete