About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Monday 22 October 2012

Review: Flight [The Crescent Chronicles 01] by Alyssa Rose Ivy!

Publication date: 16th August 2012
Paperback edition: 164 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Sometimes you just have to take flight.

A summer in New Orleans is exactly what Allie needs before starting college. Accepting her dad’s invitation to work at his hotel offers an escape from her ex-boyfriend and the chance to spend the summer with her best friend. Meeting a guy is the last thing on her mind—until she sees Levi.

Unable to resist the infuriating yet alluring Levi, Allie finds herself at the center of a supernatural society and forced to decide between following the path she has always trusted or saving a city that might just save her. - goodreads.com

Favourite quote: “Not everything in life is black and white. Sometimes the best parts are gray.” 

I will be honest and admit that I wasn't really expecting this book to have a supernatural element to it at all so it came as a bit of a surprise to me when it had such an original supernatural element! I have to say though that I really enjoyed this book for its plot and characters! I thought that the plot was very well written and it dealt with my issues which was good! It also had quite a few action scenes which were very good and it also was very fast paced which held my interest all the way through! Alli was the main character of Flight and I really liked her but I have to be honest and say that she did annoy me at several points during this book but she did grow on my pretty quickly! Levi was the love interest of Alli and I liked him as he was protective of Alli but he he did lie to her several times which annoyed me as he should have been straight with her! I really enjoyed the secondary characters though! I really enjoyed the big action scene at the end and I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series! I am also in love with the cover!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for reading and reviewing Flight! I am so glad you enjoyed it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much for writing it! I cannot wait until the next book in the series! :)

      Delete