About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Sunday 21 October 2012

Review: Catching Jordan [Catching Jordan 01] by Miranda Kenneally!

Publication date: 1st December 2011
Paperback edition: 281 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 4 stars
Synopsis: What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though - she leads them as the captain and quarterback on her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starring position on the team... and has her suddenly wishing to be seen as more than just a teammate.
Favourite quote: “One thing I learned a long time ago is that even if you think you're meant to be with someone, that doesn't necessarily mean you get to be with them.”

I was quite looking forward to reading this book after I had read the synopsis but I feel that it didn't really live up to my expectations of it! I have to say though that I did learn a lot about American football! I really enjoyed the plot but I felt at time that it went a bit slow which would make me lose interest! The plot was pretty original and it had been researched amazingly! I loved the characters as well! Jordan Woods was such a tomboy which I loved as she was just so laid back and such a good friend to all of her team! Tyler "Ty" Green was one of the the love interests of Jordan and it was quite amazing to see Jordan feel outside of her comfort zone with Ty. Ty was quite possessive of Jordan which I didn't like! There was a love triangle in this book but it didn't really develop a lot until near the end! I was really happy with Jordan's choice though and I felt that it was definitely the right one for her! I am going to read the next book in this series and I think that the title and the cover suit the story amazingly!

No comments:

Post a Comment