About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Friday 26 October 2012

Review: Taking Chances by Molly McAdams!

Publication date: 1st September 2012
Paperback edition: 331 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Eighteen year old Harper has grown up under her career Marine of a father's thumb. Ready to live life her own way and experience things she's only ever heard of from the jarheads in her father's unit; she's on her way to college at San Diego State University.

Thanks to her new roommate, Harper is introduced to a world of parties, gorgeous guys, family and emotions. Some she wasn't expecting yet, and others she never knew she was missing.

She finds herself being torn in two as she quickly falls in love with her boyfriend Brandon, and her roommate's brother Chase. Covered in tattoos, known for fighting in the Underground and ridiculously muscled...they're exactly what she was always warned to stay away from, but just what she needs. Despite their dangerous looks and histories, both adore and would do anything for Harper, including stepping back if it means she's happy.

Her first year away is turning out to be near perfect, but one weekend of giving in to heated passion will change everything.

Favourite quote: “That first night, I did realize I would never meet another girl like you. But you deserve someone who has waited for you as long as you have waited for them. And no matter how much I wish I could be that guy, I can't Harper.”

WOW! Is the first thing I should say about this book! It was an emotional rollercoaster and not just for the characters! I felt myself going from annoyed to crying in about 6 pages during this book! The plot was beautiful but so sad! There were quite a few surprises with the plot that I wasn't expecting at all and I felt that it developed a lot! The characters were well written and there were loads of them! The main character, Harper really annoyed me at the start of this book! She continued to annoy me throughout the book as well and then when she started to grow on me she would make a really stupid choice or decision! As you can tell from the synopsis there is a love triangle in this book and it is between Harper, Brendan and Chase! I was Team Chase all the way through this book but a devastating accident ended this love triangle and left me in tears! I liked Brendan as well but I preferred Chase! The secondary characters in this book brought so much to it and the plot! They were also well written! I also love the cover as it suits the book beautifully!


No comments:

Post a Comment