About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Thursday 25 October 2012

Review: Ethereal [Celestra 01] by Addison Moore!

Publication date: 26th March 2011
Paperback edition: 225 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Sixteen-year-old, Skyla Messenger is a dead girl walking.

When her newly remarried mother moves the family to Paragon Island, to a house that is rumored to be haunted, Skyla finds refuge in Logan Oliver, a boy who shares her unique ability to read minds.

Skyla discovers Logan holds the answers to the questions she’s been looking for, but Logan’s reluctance to give her the knowledge she desires leaves her believing Logan has a few secrets of his own.

Skyla’s bloodlines may just be connected to the most powerful angelic beings that roam the earth, and the more she knows, the more danger she seems to be in.

Suddenly an entire faction of earthbound angels wants her dead, at least she still has Logan, or does she?

Favourite quote: “Falling in love is a lot like death. It chooses you. It decides the moment and the chain of events that will preclude the precise intersection of life in which it occurs. It uses you—treats you as though you were malleable in its warm pliable hands. It doesn’t bother to ask if you want it, or need it, just fills the gaping hole of destiny’s design” 

I actually read this book as part of a book club that I am in and it was actually really good! I wasn't really expecting to like this book as much as I did as when I started reading I didn't really like Skyla but she did grow on me very quickly! The rest of the characters were very likable and I really enjoyed them! There was a love triangle in this book and I can actually say that I did enjoy this one! The love triangle was between Skyla, Logan and Logan's cousin Gage! I really loved the plot as it was really interesting and I thought that it was a great twist on angels! Do not let the word angel deter you from this book as it was really good and it was quite different to a lot of other angel books the are out right now! I have to say though that I felt that sometimes the story fell a bit short at times and I would lose interest but then something would happen that would make me not be able to put the book down! I really like the cover and I cannot wait to read the rest of this series! Ethereal is also free on Amazon right now!




No comments:

Post a Comment