About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Review: Across the Universe [Across the Universe 01] by Beth Revis!

Publication date: 11th January 2011
Paperback edition: 398 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: A love out of time. A spaceship built of secrets and murder.

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone-one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship-tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.

Favourite quote: “I never thought about how important the sky was until I didn't have one.”

I honestly wasn't sure what to expect when I bought this book for my Kindle but I got so much more than I was hoping for! This book is in a category of its own! The plot was just brilliant! It flowed perfectly and I was instantly hooked! The story takes place on a spaceship called Godspeed which made this book sci-fi and I have to say that this was my first sci-fi book so to love it has given hope of maybe loving more sci-fi books! The plot was also fast paced and The characters were amazing! Amy was one of the main characters and she was brave to take on a brand new world and not freak out about it! She was strong and held her own! Elder was a babe! He was adorable and fascinated with Amy! He was protective of her as well! I would have loved it if he had stood up to Eldest sooner than what he did though and I think that it was Amy that gave him that push! I loved that this book was told from both Amy and Elder's point of views! Eldest was horrible! He was so self obsessed and he only did what was right for himself rather than for the entire ship! I couldn't wait to read the next book in this series and I love this cover but I don't really like the new covers that much!

Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment