About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Sunday 16 December 2012

Review: Incarnate [Newsoul 01] by Jodi Meadows!

Publication date: 31st January 2012
Paperback edition: 374 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: New soul

Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

No soul

Even Ana's own mother thinks she's a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she'll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

Heart

Sam believes Ana's new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana's enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else's life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?

Favourite quote: “He held on to me like I was a rock, the only thing keeping him from drifting out with the tide of dark memories."

I loved this book! It blew my mind but I have to be honest and say though that I did find the first few chapters quite confusing until about the fifth chapter! After that I couldn't put it down! The plot was so original and unique! I haven't read anything like it before and that is one of the reasons that I loved it! The plot focuses on reincarnation which I actually haven't read in a book before so I was a little optimistic about this book but I was soon shown that Incarnate is in a world of its own! There were some action scenes in this book which also left me on the edge of my seat as well! The characters were also amazing! Ana is sort of an outcast as she is a nosoul and this made me feel so sorry for her! I thought that she was brave and amazingly strong! Sam was the love interest of Ana and I loved that he treated her like he did everyone else! He was also so hot and protective of Ana! Sam and Ana as a couple were amazing!They protected each other and worked together! I cannot wait to read the next book in this series and the cover is perfect for the book!

Incarnate (Newsoul, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment