About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Monday 17 December 2012

Review: Opal [Lux 03] by Jennifer L. Armentrout!

Publication date: 11th December 2012
Paperback edition: 352 pages
Source: Kindle/Paperback
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.

Favourite quote: "You burn bright, to me at least, and I know you could handle it, but the last thing I want is your light to be tainted by something so dark."

After the ending to Onyx I was crying out for this book just like everyone else and we didn't have to wait long for it at all! I love this series as it continues to completely surprise me and go in a different direction to what I am expecting! This book had me hooked! I honestly couldn't put it down! The plot was action packed and it just kept getting better and better! A plan was made at the start of this book and the rest of the book was about putting that plan into motion and also about the consequences! I loved it! The characters were again amazing! Katy has grown so much in these books but in Opal we really see her face new challenges and also we get to see her be Daemon's girlfriend for the first time! I loved her more in this book than I did in Onyx! Daemon in this book was adorable! He has changed so much since the first book but he has always remained hot! Daemon and Katy's relationship in Opal was amazing! I can't believe how far they went as a couple! The other characters were also amazing and I couldn't believe who came back! The ending was astounding! It was one of the most amazing endings I have ever read! I really can't wait to read the next book in this series! The cover is also amazing and it suit the other covers in this series perfectly!

Opal (Lux, #3)

4 comments:

  1. i ordered this book as i love the series but have been holding out to read it (was saveing it for a nice treat over xmas ) but after reading this i carnt holed out no longer and i will be reading it tonight ;but the hard bit will be geting up to take the kids to school in the moring as i wont be able to stop reading it when i start x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I am so glad that my review is making you read it early! The only thing I would say to you is take you time reading it! You will be dying for Origin after the ending! ;)

      Delete
  2. I love this series too! Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series is one of my favourites! Thank you! :)

      Delete