About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Monday 25 March 2013

Review: Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder!

Publication date: 16th March 2013
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: I wasn't always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first. Kyle was my first one true love, my first in every way.
Then, one stormy August night, he died, and the person I was died with him.

Colton didn't teach me how to live. He didn't heal the pain. He didn't make it okay. He taught me how to hurt, how to not be okay, and, eventually, how to let go.

Favourite quote: "I'm not just in love with you, Nell. I'm falling into you. You're an ocean, and I'm falling in, drowning in the depths of who you are."

When Jasinda asked me to make a Book Trailer for this book I automatically said yes! She very kindly sent me an ARC so that I could get a feel for it and I am so glad she did! This book was amazing! It isn't your average story about a happy ever after! It is a story about surviving and going through the process of learning how to letting go even though you don't want to! This book really shows the emotions that someone goes through after someone they loved has died tragically and I found myself tearing up and at some points crying at it is a book that really hits you hard and actually makes you feel what the characters are going through! The plot was heart-breaking but then it was beautiful! It is hard to read as you see characters go through a tough situation but it shows you that love really can heal anything! I really enjoyed this book being told from different time frames as you got to see Nell's relationship with Kyle develop and then see it shatter and then you got to see how Nell deals with the tragedy and then you get to see her start to form a relationship with Colton who teaches her how to love again and how to finally let go! I also liked that it was written from Nell and Colton's point of views as I loved being able to see how much they loved each other! The characters were written beautifully! I loved Nell! I didn't think that I was instantly going to like her but I did and then I connected with her instantly and I loved her! You can't help but feel sorry for Nell for what she goes through in this book! After Kyle's death she can't come to terms with it and she blames herself which makes she closes herself away from the world until Colton comes along! I loved Colton! He was Nell's saviour and he stayed with her through everything! He had been through a lot as well but I loved how honest he was with Nell and he told her everything that he had done even if it was the wrong thing! He was perfect even though he didn't think so! I can completely understand why this book is a standalone as the ending was perfect and all the issues in the book were resolved as well! I love, love, love the cover and I think that it really suits the book! Big thank you to Jasinda for an ARC of Falling Into You!

Falling Into You

Check out the Book Trailer I made!

No comments:

Post a Comment