About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Review: Plastic Hearts [Hearts 01] by Lisa De Jong!

Publication date: 27th February 2013
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: My life has always been safe. I like it that way. I grew up in a fake society where plastic hearts rule. If our hearts are made of plastic, they can never be broken. My parents have expectations and I do everything I can to meet them, even if it means giving up on my own dreams.

Now, all I want is to be free to make my own choices.

Dane Wright is everything I have been warned to stay away from. We met one night while I was with my perfect, parent-approved boyfriend and I haven’t stopped thinking about him. I don’t want to like him. I am doing everything I can to ignore his pull, but my heart seems to want what it cannot have, what it has never had.

Can he measure up? He may think I am too good for him, but maybe he is too good for me.

Life is a series of choices and I have never been able to make my own. Until one day, when my heart decides to make a choice for me.

Favourite quote: "Love isn't about what you have or who you know. It’s about how you earn what you have and how you treat those you love."

I freaking loved this book! As soon as I saw the cover I knew I wanted to read it so I was very excited when Lisa asked me if I would like to review it for her! If you ever get the chance to read it then grab it with both hands! You will not regret it! The plot of Plastic Hearts had so much in it! It is about finding love, standing up for yourself and following your heart! The plot made me laugh, cry and smile! It was so cute and I fell in love with it! The book had some of the most memorable quotes that I have ever read and I kept re-reading them over and over as they just got better every time I did! The characters were written amazingly and I really enjoyed all of them! Alex was the main character and Plastic Hearts was written from her point of view! I loved that Alex came from a posh background but she was completely down to earth and I especially loved it when she finally stood up to her family or else she would lose what she really wanted! Alex was the complete opposite to what I was expecting as she comes from a posh background so I was expecting her to act stuck up and above herself but she surprised me and was amazing main character! Dane is one of the hottest characters that I have ever read! I loved how protective he was of Alex and I especially liked it that he told her how he really felt even if it was going to hurt her! Alex and Dane as a couple are now one of my favourites! The two of them had been through a lot individually and then they went through a lot as a couple! I felt so sorry for both of them as they were amazing as a couple and also as they had both been through a lot! I cried at the end of this book as I was expecting it to be like other books but Lisa made it her own and took her time with the forgiving part which I loved! I don't actually think that I will be able to last until the next book comes out as this book blew my mind and I loved everything about it! The cover is also beautiful and it really suits the book! Big thank you to Lisa for a copy of Plastic Hearts!

Plastic Hearts (Hearts, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment