About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Sunday 17 March 2013

Review: Torn [Torn 01] by K.A. Robinson!

Publication date: 25th January 2013
Paperback edition: 268 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Chloe hasn't had the best life. With a mother who is gone more often than not, she has had to raise herself. After graduating high school, she leaves to start a new life away at West Virginia University with her best friends Amber and Logan, determined to leave her demons in the past.

On her first day, she meets a stranger who takes her breath away at first sight. Until she met Drake, no one had ever sparked her interest. Now this tattooed and pierced bad boy is all she can think about, no matter how hard she fights it.

Falling for Drake was never part of her plans, but when it happens, things seem to do anything but fall into place.

Dealing with a tragic past, Drake has never cared about anyone else but himself and his band. But when Chloe takes the empty seat next to him in class, things start to change. Instantly drawn to her, he begins to wonder if one girl can take a cold hearted womanizer and change every part of him?

Long hidden feelings are revealed and friendships tested to the brink.
 
After I read the synopsis for this book I really wanted to read it as it was a contemporary and it sounded really hot! The plot was written very well! It flowed well and made sense as it didn't confuse me or anything like that! It was a quick read and I just about managed to finish it all in the one sitting! The only negative thing that I can say about this book is that it did have some spelling and grammar errors but I do think that it was self-published so sometimes you can expect some errors! They did not distract me from the book though!
There was also a lot of sex in this book which I wasn't really expecting so I was quite surprised but the sex scenes were pretty hot and steamy! The characters were also written very well! Chloe was the main character and Torn is told from her point of view! We do get a glimmer of one of her love interest's point of view as well though! I couldn't help but feel sorry for Chloe as I learned about her back story throughout this book! She had come so far though and her friends definitely helped her! There were some scenes where I didn't agree with Chloe's choices but we all make mistakes and we learn from those mistakes and Chloe did just that which I loved! I also loved that she instantly regretted the mistakes that she did make though and she was eventually honest about them! The synopsis tells you that there is a love triangle in this book so I though that I knew what to expect with it but I didn't find it annoying or anything like that! The love triangle was between Chloe, Drake and Logan and I did enjoy it but I sort of wished that it was maybe resolved a bit quicker than what it was as I knew who Chloe was eventually going to pick at the end and I was right! Drake was one of the love interests of Chloe and he was such a bad boy! He definitely lives up to the expectations that you get of him from the synopsis! I really enjoyed his relationship development with Chloe and he was perfect with her! Logan was more of a best friend to Chloe rather than a boyfriend so I was quite surprised with who Chloe picked to be with at the start of this book but I loved who she ended up with at the end! I am really looking forward to the next book in this series after the pretty big cliff-hanger at the end of Torn! The cover is quite simple which might draw some people in but maybe not me! I like covers to have a bit more colour! It was initially the synopsis that drew me into Torn but I do like the cover!
 
Torn (Torn, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment