About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Saturday 23 March 2013

Review: Relentless [Shattered Hearts 01] by Cassia Leo!

Publication date: 21st February 2013
Paperback edition: 232 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Claire Nixon is a twenty-year-old college dropout with a secret.

To Claire, Adam Parker is just another
flirty customer at the cafe, until a chance encounter and seemingly innocent comment spurs a bet between them. The bet is simple: If Adam can get Claire to reveal the secret that made her drop out of college, she has to re-enroll. If he doesn’t succeed, she gets to keep her secret and he has to stop stalking her at the cafe.

Claire thinks she has this one in the bag. She’s perfected the art of forgetting her past. But she isn’t prepared for Adam’s relentless pursuit or for him to share his own secrets. And she’s definitely not prepared for her rock star ex, and her secret, to come banging down her door one year later.

Favourite quote: "The relentless pull of love is a thousand times harder to fight than the tides. If you're lucky, you'll make it out before you drown. If you're even luckier, you're pulled under just long enough to wash away the sorrow. If you're really lucky, like me, you resurface just in time to find the one you love floating right beside you."

I really enjoyed this book! I sat down for an hour with it and read 35% of it and then after that I kept going back to read a few more chapters every chance I got! When I first started reading I honestly thought that it was going to turn into something like Fifty Shades of Grey but it didn't which I loved! Relentless holds its own ground and is absolutely nothing like Fifty Shades of Grey! The plot was developed nicely! It went at the right pace to keep me wanting to read more and to keep me entertained! I also managed to follow it all the way through! I wasn't expecting the plot to be what it was at all so this book did surprise me but it was a good surprise! The plot has a lot of secrets in it and we gradually get glimpses of the main characters secret as the book progresses but we don't actually find out her secret until near the end and it was a pretty big secret! The characters were amazing! Claire was the main character and I loved her! Sometimes I lost my connection with her but I always found it again! Her secret must have been so hard for her to keep as it must have shattered her to have carried it around by herself for months! It made me really feel for her at the end! Adam was the love interest of Claire and he was hot! I loved how determined he was for Claire to go out on a date with him! He was also always there for Claire as well and he stuck by her! I didn't like that Adam told Claire his secret but Claire couldn't trust herself to tell Adam hers! I did think that Claire and Adam's relationship developed a bit too quickly but when they first started dating their relationship started to pan out a bit and it slowed down a bit! Claire and Adam were also slightly broken characters and they had a lot of secrets but together they were strong and free of secrets once they both told each other them! I am really looking forward to seeing where the next book in this series goes as I really enjoyed this one and I also think that there might be a love triangle in the next one! The cover is hot! It really represents the story amazingly!

Relentless (Shattered Hearts, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment