About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Review: Find You in the Dark [Find You in the Dark 01] by A. Meredith Walters!

Publication date: 10th October 2012
Paperback edition: 290 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Maggie Young had the market on normal. Normal friends, normal parents, normal grades...normal life.

Until him.

Clayton Reed was running from his past and an army of personal demons that threatened to take him down. He never thought he had a chance at happiness.

Until her.

Maggie thought their love could overcome anything. Clay thought she was all he needed to fix his messy life.

That together, they could face the world.

But the darkness is always waiting.

Sometimes the greatest obstacle to true love is within yourself.

Favourite quote: "Maybe our love could do even more than just help - maybe it could heal him. Fix him. Fix everything.

This book was an emotional roller-coaster! I found it difficult to review because it is a book that hits you hard and it leaves you sort of stuck for words! I felt my heart breaking at certain scenes especially when we learned about Clay's conditions and how hard his life has been! The plot did start a bit slow but once it started to develop and speed up I couldn't stop reading! The plot dealt with some serious issues but it was real and the author didn't downplay it to make it make-believe! I did notice a few spelling mistakes in this book though and they were pretty distracting but I tried to ignore them as best as I could! The characters were amazing! Maggie was such a strong character and she showed her strength throughout the book and I loved that she stood up for Clay in front of her friends! I also loved how understanding she was of Clay's conditions and she was determined to help him even if she did have to stand up to Clay and tell him how she felt! Clay was a bit of a troubled character who was trying to come to terms with his medical conditions and I felt so sorry for him! I loved that he was able to trust Maggie enough to tell her his secrets and also to form a relationship with her! He was very possessive though and that did annoy me! The secondary characters brought so much to this book as well and I really enjoyed them! The ending was heart-breaking! It really got to my emotions and then when she read the letter I was in tears! I honestly wasn't expecting this book to have this effect on me at all but the whole way through I realised that love is stronger than anything and the ending completely confirms that! I will definitely continue reading this series as Find You in the Dark was a promising start to what I hope will be an amazing series and after the ending I am really looking forward to reading Light in the Shadows and finding out more about Clay and Maggie! I also love the cover as it really suits the book!

Find You in the Dark (Find You in the Dark, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment