About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Sunday 23 June 2013

Review: One Tiny Lie [Ten Tiny Breaths 02] by K.A. Tucker!

Publication date: 11th June 2013
Paperback edition: 256 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Livie has always been the stable one of the two Cleary sisters, handling her parents' tragic death and Kacey's self-destructive phase with strength and maturity. But underneath that exterior is a little girl hanging onto the last words her father ever spoke to her. “Make me proud,” he had said. She promised she would...and she’s done her best over the past seven years with every choice, with every word, with every action.

Livie walks into Princeton with a solid plan, and she’s dead set on delivering on it: Rock her classes, set herself up for medical school, and meet a good, respectable guy that she’s going to someday marry. What isn’t part of her plan are Jell-O shots, a lovable, party animal roommate she can’t say ‘no’ to, and Ashton, the gorgeous captain of the men’s rowing team. Definitely him. He’s an arrogant ass who makes Livie’s usually non-existent temper flare and everything she doesn’t want in a guy. Worse, he’s best friends and roommates with Connor, who happens to fits Livie’s criteria perfectly. So why does she keep thinking about Ashton?

As Livie finds herself facing mediocre grades, career aspirations she no longer thinks she can handle, and feelings for Ashton that she shouldn’t have, she’s forced to let go of her last promise to her father and, with it, the only identity that she knows.

Favourite quote: "Because you're not just a one-night girl, Irish." Leaning in to place a kiss on my jawline, he whispers, "You're my forever girl."

I absolutely fell in love with Ten Tiny Breaths so I was really looking forward to reading Livie's story in this book! There was a stage where I was actually going to take a break from this book after a few chapters as I felt that it wasn't living up to my expectations from the first book, but I sat down one night and read the rest of it in one sitting! I got to a stage in the book where I fell in love with it! It started to blow me away! The plot of this book was broken, but beautiful! There were these two characters who had both been through so much, but together they help mend each other and show each other that they are both amazing characters! I found the plot a little slow to start off with, but eventually it sped up and I couldn't get through it fast enough! It just kept getting better and better and I found myself memorised by it! The characters also just blew me away! Livie was the main character and after seeing her in Ten Tiny Breaths I was dying to read her story! I loved her in this book! She did something that I frown upon, but I admired her that much that I could see past it! I think she was quite a witty character and at times she was very strong! Ashton was one of the love interests of Livie and he really surprised me! I thought that he was going to be a complete douche to Livie, but he was actually perfect for her! I thought that he helped Livie so much and at the same time Livie was helping him! He had been through a lot and I felt so sorry for him so I loved that Livie was the one to save him! There was a love triangle in this book between Livie, Ashton and Connor! I was expecting a love triangle as the synopsis tells you that before you start reading! I really enjoyed this love triangle! I didn't think that I was going to enjoy it as much as I did! I was Team Ashton, but I respected Connor so much that at certain points of the book I was stuck between choosing which side I was on! I also loved that characters from the first book were in this book and my favourites were in it as well! I'm not sure if there is going to be another book to this series as Livie and Kacey have both had their stories told, but if there is another book then I will definitely be reading it! Ten Tiny Breaths and now, One Tiny Lie have both been absolutely amazing books! The cover for this book is beautiful! It represents the book brilliantly and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it! I also didn't realise how well the title suited this book until after I read it! It suits is so much more than I realised! Big thank you to Netgalley for an ARC of One Tiny Lie!

One Tiny Lie (Ten Tiny Breaths, #2)

1 comment:

  1. I like the sound of Kacey and Trent. I'll have to see if my library carries this. Brandi, thanks for sharing how much you've enjoyed reading this book!

    Marlene Detierro (Seattle Limo)

    ReplyDelete