About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Saturday 13 July 2013

Review: Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout!

Publication date: 31st May 2013
Paperback edition: 370 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: He’s arrogant, domineering, and... To. Die. For.

Hunter is a ruthless killer. And the Department of Defense has him firmly in their grasp, which usually doesn’t chafe too badly because he gets to kill bad guys. Most of the time he enjoys his job. That is, until he’s saddled with something he’s never had to do before: protect a human from his mortal enemy.

Serena Cross didn’t believe her best friend when she claimed to have seen the son of a powerful senator turn into something... unnatural. Who would? But then she witnesses her friend’s murder at the hands of what can only be an alien, thrusting her into a world that will kill to protect their secret.

Hunter stirs Serena’s temper and her lust despite their differences. Soon he’s doing the unthinkable—breaking the rules he’s lived by, going against the government to keep Serena safe. But are the aliens and the government the biggest threats to Serena’s life… or is it Hunter?
 


I will read any book by this author so when I saw this one, I was intrigued! What I loved about this book is that I actually started to see the Arum from a different point of view! In the Lux series they are the bad guys so you would think that they're going to be bad in this book, right? Wrong! They are hot! Well, Hunter is anyway! I wasn't really sure what to expect from the plot once I started reading, but I love every other book from Jennifer L. Armentrout and I will read any book by her so I knew that it was going to be epic! Obsession was so much more than epic! The characters, the plot, the romance, everything! The plot of this book just blew me away! I didn't think that I would enjoy it being set in the Arum world, but I freaking loved it! It was good to see it from the other side of the spectrum and see a story through the Arum's eyes instead of the Luxen! There was action and suspense and some super sexy scenes in this book as well! I also got really excited when a certain character from the Lux series made a slight apperance in this book! I also adored the characters! Serena and Hunter were both the main characters and they were just amazing! Obesession was told from both of their point of views! I felt sorry for what Serena went through at the beginning of this book, but then she really showed me that she's a strong character and that she can take a stand! She went through quite a few changes in this book and all her changes were positive! I really enjoyed Serena's character! I thought that she was quite witty and funny with Hunter! She made me laugh! She was so brave as well! Hunter was HOT! There is no other word to describe him! He was dominering and just oozed sex appeal! I have heard some people say that they actually prefer Hunter over Daemon from the Lux series, but I have to be 100% honest and say that I actually prefer Daemon! Don't get me wrong I loved Hunter, but there is just something about Daemon that draws me to him more! I originally thought that this book was actually a standalone until I read the synopsis on Goodreads again before I started reading it and noticed that it was actually part of a series, although I think that Jennifer has said that it is a standalone! I'm hoping it is part of a series as I'm really looking forward reading more about the Arum and also seeing some more hot ones! I love the cover! It is hot! I pictured Serena and Hunter looking like the people on the cover as well!

 Obsession

No comments:

Post a Comment