About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Friday 10 August 2012

Books I Couldn't Finish!

This is a list of book that I couldn't continue reading or gave up on half way through the series. I do not mean any offence to the authors or fans who like these books mentioned in this post but these books did not appeal to me and I just felt that I wanted to do a post on books that I didn't enjoy or finish.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

I started reading these after I found out that they were getting made into films and I actually liked the first one but then half way through the second one I gave up and couldn't force myself to read anymore and I still haven't seen the film but I am actually looking forward to seeing it.


The Immortals Series by Alyson Noel

After reading the first book this series looked to be a promising series until the third book when I actually had no clue what was going on and I continued reading the third book and even the fourth and then I eventually gave up with it.


Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

I got half way through the first one and I just couldn't get into it so I didn't even attempt to read the rest or even finish the first one.


House of Night Series by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

To be fair to this series I thought the first book was okay but then I just couldn't make myself keep reading and I guess I still haven't but I am thinking of re-reading the first book again which may make me want to give this series another chance.


Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead

I actually could not read past the first 30 pages in the first book and I was so annoyed because everyone was talking about them and I actually wanted to enjoy them but I just couldn't and I eventually gave up along with the rest of this series.



Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling

To be honest I haven't even read any of these books and I was tempted too after I saw the first Harry Potter film a few years ago and I thought it was okay but then I continued watching the second film and I couldn't do it as it felt like I was forcing myself to watch it and I gave up with the Harry Potter series all together.


The Vampire Diaries Series by L.J. Smith

I LOVE the the TV series but that is as far as I go. I have actually read the first two books of this series and I had a strong dislike toward Elena so I couldn't read anymore. My friend reads these books and she always tells me what is going on in them as I can't read them and so that I stay up to date.




Angelfire Series by Courtney Allison Moulton

I had nearly finished the first book in this series and then I just couldn't read anymore and I gave up with the first book as I felt like I was forcing myself to keep reading. I didn't even attempt to read the second and I probably won't read the third.


The Grey Wolves Series by Quinn Loftis

 I actually really enjoyed the first book in this series and then I tried to read the second book and there were far too many different points of views and sometimes I actually had no idea who was talking so I stopped reading and I probably won't continue reading this series.


2 comments:

  1. Hmm this is really interesting! I would have to agree with some. I gave up on The House of Night series and Vampire Diaries. They just got really weird. Hunger Games I finished but Katniss started to really annoy me by the third book.

    I think you might like the Vampire Academy series, I was hesitant at first but I thought it got better towards the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried so hard to like the Vampire Academy series after all the talk about them but I didn't like Rose! I also tried to read the spin off series and I just couldn't follow it!

      Delete