About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Monday 20 August 2012

Review: Darkness Before Dawn [Darkness Before Dawn 01] by J.A. London!

Publication date: 29th May 2012
Paperback edition: 342 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Only sunlight can save us.

We built the wall to keep them out, to keep us safe. But it also makes us prisoners, trapped in what's left of our ravaged city, fearing nightfall.

After the death of my parents, it's up to me--as the newest delegate for humanity--to bargain with our vampire overlord. I thought I was ready. I thought I knew everything there was to know about the monsters. Then again, nothing could have prepared me for Lord Valentine . . . or his son. Maybe not all vampires are killers. Maybe it's safe to let one in.

Only one thing is certain: Even the wall is not enough. A war is coming and we cannot hide forever. - goodreads.com

Favourite quote: “The movie is all illusion. How people wish things were.” 

I was not expecting to like this book as much as I did! When I heard the word vampire I thought that I wouldn't enjoy it but this is a completely different vampire world! Dawn Montgomery is the main protagonist and she is the delegate to Lord Valentine who is a vampire.There was a thirty year war between humans and vampires and Darkness Before Dawn takes place nine years after the war has ended and humans supply blood to the vampires. Dawn and her friend, Tegan are going to a party and when they are heading home they get attacked by vampires and they get rescued by Victor who Dawn later finds out is Lord Valentine's son. Michael Colt is Dawn's boyfriend and he has been accepted into the Night Watchmen's elite bodyguard training division so he and Dawn don't really have a lot of time to spend together. Dawn was such an amazing person as she was kick-ass and she was so determined to do something good for her city. Michael was possessive and I didn't really like him as he made Dawn go over the wall which keeps the city save and where rogue vampires live. Victor is Dawn's other love interest and I liked him as he really cared about Dawn and he was protective of her.I liked Rachel and I thought that she was good for Dawn as she had lost her parents and her brother, There have been abductions around the city and Dawn has to find out who is doing it by increasing the blood supply to vampires. Dawn and Michael find a vampire killed and it's their job to find the killer.Dawn sets up a blood drive to try and encourage people to give blood for vampires by offering them a ticket to a party if they give blood. Dawn goes back to her family's apartment to remember her family which I thought was very sad but also a great way to honour her family. The ending of this book was just brillant and it was so quickly paced that it held your interest and you didn't want to put the book down! There are so many surprises and twists in this book and I didn't put them all in this review as then this review would be very long but seriously people give this vampire book a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment