About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Friday 24 August 2012

Review: Ember [Death Collectors 01] by Jessica Sorensen!

Publication date: 31st August (ARC provided by the author)
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopysis: What if you knew when someone was going to die?

For seventeen-year-old Ember, life is death. With a simple touch, she knows when someone will die. It’s her curse and the reason she secludes herself from the world. The only person who knows her secret is her best friend Raven.

Then she meets Asher Morgan. He’s gorgeous, mysterious, and is the only person Ember can't sense death from. So when he pushes into her life, she doesn’t mind.


But when unexplained deaths start to haunt her town, Ember starts questioning why she can’t sense Asher's death and what he may be hiding. - goodreads.com

Favourite quote: "Death is pain. And death exists everywhere. Besides nothing is perfect..."

*SPOILERS READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!*

I actually asked Jessica if I could get an ARC of Ember and I was ecstatic when she said yes! I love any book by Jessica Sorensen and this book is another one that I love! This book is so dark compared to Jessica's other series' and it pretty much shows that Jessica can write anything! Ember Rose Edward is the main character in this book and I really liked her sometimes and also how she could sense peoples deaths. I have to say though that I didn't really like Ember when she agreed to go out on a date with Cameron and then she was kissing Asher! Yes people there is a love triangle in this book! Asher Morgan and Cameron Logan are the love interests of Ember and I am personally Team Asher as I don't think that Ember really likes Cameron as much as he likes her. But they are both hotties! Embers mother was really cruel to her when she hadn't taken her pills and I thought that she was downright mean to Ember! I liked Ember's brother, Ian though as he was always there for her and they got along really well. Raven is Embers best friend and I liked her to start with and then she turned quite nasty towards Ember and I had a strong dislike to her but then I felt sorry for her at the end of the book. I really liked the idea of plot and it held my attention all the way through the book. In this book there is a group called the Anamotti and they want to kill angels as they believe that they exist and I liked how we found out so much more about them as this book progressed. I also really enjoyed the whole story of the Grim Reapers and the Grim Angels and I found it interesting as I didn't know that much about them before reading this book. The ending of this book was a HUGE twist that was seriously unexpected and it had me on the edge of my seat. I also nearly cried! Jessica is my favourite author for cliffhangers as Embers does not disappoint! I cannot wait to read the next book in this series! The cover is also beautiful and Ember is a must read for all Jessica Sorensen fans! Huge thank you to Jessica for the ARC!

2 comments:

  1. awesome can't wait to read the book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ember is amazing and well worth the wait! After reading Ember you will be screaming for the next book!

      Delete