About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Saturday 11 August 2012

Review: Pushing the Limits [Pushing the Limits 01] by Katie McGarry!

Publication date: 31st July 2012 (ARC provided by Harlequin via Netgalley)
Paperback edition: 384 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again. - goodreads.com

Favourite Quote: “I watched you battle against the worst memory of your life and I watched you win. Make no mistake, Echo. I battled right beside you.”

WOW! is the first word that comes to mind after you have read this book! This book was so different to anything I has read as there was no supernatural element to it! I normally read a lot of supernatural books but after all the buzz over this book I decided to give it a try and I am so glad I did! I was lucky to get an ARC near the end of July and I read this book straight away but I posted other reviews instead of this one! When I first started reading it I instantly fell in love with this book and I could not put it down! Echo Emerson and Noah Hutchins were the main characters in this book and the book is told from their two perspectives! Echo and Noah's relationship was so sweet and Echo changed Noah so much which I loved! Echo and Noah were really broken characters but together they were so strong! Mrs. Collins was so supportive of Noah and Echo and she went through a lot with them as well! There is sort of a love triangle in this book between Echo, Noah and Luke and I thought Luke was honest when he told Echo that he couldn't be with her because of her scars! I slowed down towards the end as I did not want to leave Echo and Noah's world but I loved the ending and can I just say that I want a Noah Hutchins! The cover is also beautiful. Big thank you to Harlequin and Netgalley for the ARC!

No comments:

Post a Comment