About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Review: Deadly Cool [Deadly Cool 01] by Gemma Halliday!

Publication date: 11th October 2011
Paperback edition: 303 pages
Source:
Kindle
Rating:
5 stars
Synopsis: Hartley Grace Featherstone is having a very bad day. First she finds out that her boyfriend is cheating on her with the president of the Herbert Hoover High School Chastity Club. Then he’s pegged as the #1 suspect in a murder. And if that weren’t enough, now he’s depending on Hartley to clear his name.

But as much as Hartley wouldn’t mind seeing him squirm, she knows he’s innocent, and she’s the only one who can help him. Along with her best friend, Sam, and the school’s resident Bad Boy, Chase, Hartley starts investigating on her own. But as the dead bodies begin to pile up, the mystery deepens, the suspects multiply, and Hartley begins to fear that she may be the killer’s next victim.
Favourite Quote: "In the immortal words of Mr. Burns.......eeeeexcellent.”

I really enjoyed this book and I couldn't stop reading it as I really wanted to know who the killer was! The plot was paced perfectly so that you were interested the whole way through and it also kept you guessing who the killer was until the end! The plot was also full of suspence with a bit of action in it! I really enjoyed the characters in this book as well! Hartley Grace Featherstone is the main protagaonist of Deadly Cool and I really liked her! She was determined, brave and funny all at the same time! Chase was sort of the love interest of Hartley and he was so hot! He was also protective of Hartley! Sam was Hartley's best friend and I really liked her as well! I would have loved more romance between Hartley and Chase in this book though! The ending of this book was where the discovery of who the killer was and the killer was i my list but I didn't think that it would have been them! The ending also went at a good pace! I was so happy when I found out that there was going to be another book in this series as I loved this one! I love the cover of Deadly Cool as It just suits the full story! 

No comments:

Post a Comment