About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Review: Onyx [Lux 02] by Jennifer L. Armentrout!

Publication Date: 14th August 2012
Paperback edition: 366 pages
Source: Paperback
Rating: 5 stars (can I give it any more?)
Synopsis: Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

Favourite Quote: “Say it."
"Say what?"
"Tell me what you told me earlier."
"I love you."
"That's all I ever need to hear."
"Those three words?"
"Always those three words.”
 


I am really going to try and not give away spoilers because they will ruin the book for you!

If you though that Obsidian was good, you haven't seen nothing yet! There are no words to describe this book at all! I loved it from the moment I read the first word on the first page and I even screamed when it came through my front door! I was seriously impressed with it and it held my interest the entire way through the book. It went at the right pace and I cannot fault it at all (except for a few typos.) Katy was even more amazing in Onyx and she was so kick-ass. Onyx involved Katy learning how to control her abilities left as a result of Daemon healing her at the end of Obsidian and I just loved her as a person! Daemon was soooooo different in this book and I thought he was super sweet but we did see a jerky side to him as well which was good! He was so protective of Katy and we didn't really have a lot of Daemon and Dee time in this book but we did get plenty of Daemon and Katy time! Blake Saunders creates a love triangle in this book and Katy uses him as a distraction from Daemon who keeps reminding her that he has feelings for her. Blake is sooooo not who he says he is and at the end I really wanted to punch him! I honestly thought that Blake would have formed a stronger relationship with Katy and he would have been in Onyx more but I was quite happy that Katy didn't really form a strong relationship with him. Will was such an ass and he was also someone else I really wanted to punch! I seriously loved that you got about 40% into this book and then the next 60% had you screaming at it (because I totally didn't do that) because of all the action! I loved Dee in this book and it was great to see her happy until tragedy struck. I actually nearly cried at the 'Thanksgiving Scene' it was that good and emotional! I also love how slow Jennifer makes Daemon and Katy's relationship develop from Obsidian and she didn't make them say "I love you" after like 2 pages. I have no idea how Jennifer made me love the sequel more than the first book but she did it and I just have to say a big massive thank you to her! I did have a theory after reading Shadows and can I just say that I was half right! The ending left me begging for more but luckily we only have 4 and a half long months left until Opal is released! I would seriously recommend this series to anyone who would listen to me!

                        
                                     And also here it the trailer!


If you haven't checked out my review for Obsidian here is it: http://bookcrazy123.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/review-obsidian-lux-01-by-jennifer-l.html

2 comments:

  1. Love your review. LOVE Onyx. And that trailer... holy monkey balls.

    I also loved the way that Blake just kept reminding Katy of how she really felt about Daemon. Who could possibly resist Daemon!?

    New GFC Follower. :]

    Here's my review of Onyx.

    Stop by and let me know how you liked it!

    -Kait @ YA Vixens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I LOVED Onyx even more than Onsidian! I am so happy that you liked my review as i had to rewrite it 3 times! Lol

      Delete