About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Saturday 18 August 2012

Review: Thoughtless [Thoughtless 01] by Jacqueline Gardner!

Publication date: 28th February 2012
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 3 stars
Synopsis: When Bridget finds a dead cheerleader in the janitor’s closet, she becomes the killer’s next target. High school just got worse. It’s bad enough that she can hear the shocking truths that pass through her classmate’s heads. Now she has to worry about staying alive, and all clues point to the one person whose thoughts she can’t read - her boyfriend Terrence. Someone is taunting her, threatening to expose her secret. And when Bridget tries to single out her blackmailer, she’s nearly beaten to death by a mind controlled minion with fiery eyes.

But when Bridget finally comes face-to-face with the killer, suddenly a horde of brainwashed students programmed to destroy her life doesn’t seem so bad.


I actually wasn't going to do a review for this book but I actually found myself quite enjoying it and I decided to write a review on it. I actually got this book for free off of Amazon for my Kindle and I have to say that for costing me nothing that it was actually good and I couldn't wait to find out who the killer was! Bridget is the main protagonist in Thoughtless and sometimes I thought she was nice and then sometimes I thought she was a bit nasty. Bridget can read peoples minds and no-one knows about her ability apart from her mum. The mystery of Stacey's murder was fast paced and it held my interest. After Bridget finds the body of a murdered cheerleader the mystery begins. Bridget then meets Rory after he discovers Bridget trying to move the dead body and they investigate the murder together. I really liked Rory and Emma and I thought that they were good friends to Bridget. Agent Squires was an FBI agent who helped Bridget and Rory with the murder and also saved them when a brainwashed student tries to get a bracelet that the killer left behind. Agent Squires also finds out about Bridget's ability and Bridget later tells Rory as she doesn't want to lie to him anymore. Agent Squires also tells Bridget that a Coven are after her for her ability and they need a magic spell book to help her as if Bridget dies then the witch will be offered a seat in the upper circle of the Coven. Terrence turns up out of the blue which I found a bit weird and as Bridget can't hear his thoughts then she starts to suspect him and she was right to do so. I am not going to tell you who the killer is as then I would ruin the book for you! To be honest with you though I actually couldn't finish the book. I got about 70% into this book and then it just got a bit too weird for me but there will be people out there who may enjoy this book and as it was free then I can't complain.


Get Thoughless for free off of Amazon (UK): http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thoughtless-ebook/dp/B007F5LW96/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1345285079&sr=1-1
Get Thoughless for free off of Amazon (US): http://www.amazon.com/Thoughtless-ebook/dp/B007F5LW96/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345285025&sr=8-1&keywords=Jacqueline+Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment