About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Saturday 4 August 2012

Review: The Fallen Star Series by Jessica Sorensen!

To save me time I am going to do all of The Fallen Star series together as one post. I also tended to talk a lot so for The Vision and The Promise I only wrote a few lines.
Publication date:The Fallen Star - 11th April 2011
                              The Underworld - 31st July 2011
                              The Vision - 23rd October 2011
                              The Promise - 24th March 2012
Paperback edition:The Fallen Star - 449 pages
                                 The Underworld - 390 pages
                                 The Vision - 305 pages
                                 The Promise - 307 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: The Fallen Star - For eighteen year-old Gemma, life has never been normal. Up until recently, she has been incapable of feeling emotion. And when she's around Alex, the gorgeous new guy at school, she can feel electricity that makes her skin buzz. Not to mention the monsters that haunt her nightmares have crossed over into real-life. But with Alex seeming to hate her and secrets popping up everywhere, Gemma's life is turning into a chaotic mess. Things that shouldn't be real suddenly seem to exist. And as her world falls apart, figuring out the secrets of her past becomes a matter of life and death.
                  The Underworld - Gemma thought her mind was gone, but she was wrong. And now she is left trying to figure out the truth to what Stephan is planning to do with her and the star, before it’s too late.
But finding out the truth is hard, especially since Gemma doesn’t know who she can trust. There may be only one person who Gemma can turn to for answers, but that means having to go to the one place no one wants to go—The Underworld.

                  The Vision - Gemma thought she was trapped—that Stephan had finally won. But then time resets and she’s given another chance.
The clock is ticking as Gemma tries to figure out how to change the vision that ends the world in ice. If she can, then maybe she can save the world from Stephan and give her and Alex a chance at a real future. But changing visions can be dangerous, and sometimes one small mistake can lead to disastrous results.

                  The Promise - My name is Gemma Lucas and my life’s a mess. Alex is gone, my dad’s trapped in his own mind, and my mom’s working for the dark side. Not to mention Nicholas refuses to quit haunting me.
The world has also entered apocalyptic mode. Everyday more vampires, witches, and fey run the streets. Innocent people are dying. The Mark of Malefiscus is showing up everywhere. And I’m the only one who can stop it.
The only problem is I have to die in order to do so. And I have to let Alex die. Something I’m not sure I can do. - goodreads.com

Favourite Quote: “You remember the word we said when we pressed our hands together, right?"
I nodded. Forem. But what does it mean?"
"Forever,” he said his breath shaky. "It means we're bonded together forever.”
 


These books were so amazing and I was so excited that Jessica was doing a spin-off series as I thought that there was more to Gemma and Alex's relationship! These books just got better and better and I found myself with my heart in my mouth as the books progressed! I honestly couldn't pick a favourite as they are all my favourites for a different reason! The characters were also amazing! Gemma Lucas is the main character of these books and I loved her! She was so easy to connect with and she continues to grow as you progress through these books! Alex Avery is the love interest of Gemma and he is SO hot! These books had the best cliff-hangers I have ever read! They made me desperate for the next book and I was so eager to continue reading the rest of the series! The Fallen Star Series is the series that made me fall in love with Jessica Sorensen's writing! Her writing is flawless and I also loved that she brought these book out so quickly and she didn't leave her fans hanging on for a year for the next book! I would recommend these books to people as once you pick them up you don't want to put them back down!








2 comments:

  1. I loved the Fallen Star and Jessica you wrote a darn good book, my sister and I love it. We got kindled so we can get awesome books and we were just lucky to run by yours. Thank you Jessica for writing this fantastically good book.
    Carpet Repair Seattle website

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. It is one of the series that I got hooked. I can't wait to read the final book. My hands are itching to get a copy already.

    ReplyDelete