About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Sunday 19 August 2012

Review: Beautiful Disaster [Beautiful 01] by Jamie McGuire!

Publication date: 26th May 2011
Paperback edition: 361 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match. - goodreads.com
Favourite Quote: “I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it wasn’t something about you at all. It was just you.”

I didn't know whether to love this book or hate it! I did enjoy it but sometimes I thought that it went a bit far! Abby Abernathy was the protagonist of Beautiful Disaster and sometimes I really liked her and then sometimes I thought that she made some bad decisions! Travis Maddox is the bad boy of this book while Parker Hayes was the good boy! Yes, there is a love triangle! I did not like that Abby dragged Parker along until Travis actually admitted his feelings for her and then she would drag Travis along to make Parker jealous! I really liked America and Shepley though and they seemed like really good friends to Abby and Travis! America stuck up for Abby so many times with Travis and she supported Abby so much! Sometimes I thought that Travis had severe anger issues and that he overreacted at the smallest things! The break up part of this book was seriously sad but it was up to Abby to fix the problem which annoyed me! The ending was full of suspense and I think that Abby and Travis relationship went seriously fast and unexpected at the end but it was also sort of sweet! I know that some people did not enjoy this book but I enjoyed it and I am looking forward to reading the second book which is Beautiful Disaster told in Travis' point of view! The title of this book also suits the book amazingly!

No comments:

Post a Comment