About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Thursday 16 August 2012

Review: Social Suicide [Deadly Cool 02] by Gemma Halliday!

Publication date: 24th April 2012
Paperback edition: 277 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Twittercide: the killing of one human being by another while the victim is in the act of tweeting.

Call me crazy, but I figured writing for the "Herbert Hoover High Homepage" would be a pretty sweet gig. Pad the resume for college applications, get a first look at the gossip column, spend some time ogling the paper's brooding bad-boy editor, Chase Erikson. But on my first big story, things went . . . a little south. What should have been a normal interview with Sydney Sanders turned into me discovering the homecoming queen-hopeful dead in her pool. Electrocuted while Tweeting. Now, in addition to developing a reputation as HHH's resident body finder, I'm stuck trying to prove that Sydney's death wasn't suicide.

I'm starting to long for the days when my biggest worry was whether the cafeteria was serving pizza sticks or Tuesday Tacos. . . - goodreads.com
Favourite Quote: “She went in the pool," she finished for me. "Ohmigod. She was killed while tweeting. It was Twittercide!”

I loved this book just as much as the first one! Again the plot was a mystery and also again full of suspense! After the end of Deadly Cool I was expecting good things from this book and that is exactly what I got! Hartley Grace Featherstone in this book was even more determined and I loved her even more in this book! Chase was still hot but this time he was even more protective of Hartley which I loved! Sam was still in the book a lot which I liked and I said that I would like to see Chase and Hartley's relationship grow more in this book and that is exactly what happened! The ending was huge! I was on the edge of my seat with it! I loved it and this time the killer wasn't who I expected it to be at all so it was good that Gemma was able to make my mouth drop open when the killer revealed themselves! I really hope there is a third book in this series because I have loved this entire series so far! The cover again is beautiful and it really suits the story!

No comments:

Post a Comment