About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Thursday 30 August 2012

Review: Dante's Girl [The Paradise Diaries 01] by Courtney Cole!

Publication date: 24th June 2012
Paperback edition: 356 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 4 stars
Synopsis: I have spent every summer since I was ten years old with my father in London. Every summer, since I was ten years old, has been uneventful and boring.
Until this year.

And this year, after a freak volcanic eruption strands me far from home, I have learned these things:

1. I can make do with one outfit for three days before I buy new clothes.
2. If I hear the phrase, “You’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto,” even one more time, I might become a homicidal maniac.
3. I am horribly and embarrassingly allergic to jellyfish.
4. I am in love with Dante Giliberti, who just happens to be the beautiful, sophisticated son of the Prime Minister of a Mediterranean paradise.
5. See number four above. Because it brings with it a whole slew of problems and I’ve learned something from every one of them.

Let’s start with the fact that Dante’s world is five light-years away from mine. He goes to black-tie functions and knows the Prime Minister of England on a first name basis. I was born and raised on a farm in Kansas and wear cut-off jeans paired with cowboy boots. See the difference?

But hearts don’t care about differences. Hearts want what they want. And mine just wants to be Dante’s girl.

My heart just might be crazy. - goodreads.com

Favourite quote: “Life is full of kinks. And the great thing about kinks? They eventually work themselves out.” 

This book wasn't really what I was expecting but I still enjoyed it! I loved the beginning and I loved the character developments. I was not expecting how Reece and Dante were going to meet and go to Dante's county, Caberra but I loved it as it was unexpected! Reece is the main character in Dante's Girl and I really liked her as she was funny and realistic! It was great to see Reece get along with the people from Caberra as she seemed like a genuine person. I felt really sorry for her when she kept thinking that she wasn't good enough for Dante as another girl, Elena who Dante has known since they were children was trying to go out with Dante. Dante is of course the love interest of Reece and of course Dante is hot but he is also the Prime Minister of Caberra's son! I really liked the secondery characters in this book as they brought so much to the story! Nate was so nasty when he hurt Reece but it showed the reader how much Dante loved Reece at this point as he stood up for her and tried to fight Nate and then Vincent was so sneaky and just downright mean for what he did to Dante! Dante and Reece grow so much as characters through this book and I loved their transformations and their romance! There were so many tense scenes in this book and they literally had me on the edge of my seat! The suspenceful scene at the end had me nearly crying and Dante and Reece's relationship actually nearly had me in tears and at the end all I could do was smile! The cover for this book represents so much about what happens in the book! Big thank you to Lakehouse Press and Netgalley for the copy of Dante's Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment