About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Wednesday 1 August 2012

Review: Article 5 [Article 5 01] by Kristen Simmons!

Publication date: 31st January 2012
Paperback edition: 262 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: New York, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C., have been abandoned.

The Bill of Rights has been revoked, and replaced with the Moral Statutes.

There are no more police—instead, there are soldiers. There are no more fines for bad behavior—instead, there are arrests, trials, and maybe worse. People who get arrested usually don't come back.

Seventeen-year-old Ember Miller is old enough to remember that things weren't always this way. Living with her rebellious single mother, it's hard for her to forget that people weren't always arrested for reading the wrong books or staying out after dark. It's hard to forget that life in the United States used to be different.

Ember has perfected the art of keeping a low profile. She knows how to get the things she needs, like food stamps and hand-me-down clothes, and how to pass the random home inspections by the military. Her life is as close to peaceful as circumstances allow.

That is, until her mother is arrested for noncompliance with Article 5 of the Moral Statutes. And one of the arresting officers is none other than Chase Jennings—the only boy Ember has ever loved. - goodreads.com

Favourite Quote: “He was my anchor in the hurricane, yet at the same time, the hurricane itself, so that I nearly always felt safe and afraid simultaneously. There was nothing in the world as confusing and powerful as being close to him.”

I was so excited to read this book when I read the synopsis and it did not disappoint! I have read some mixed reviews on this book but I loved it and it is now one of my favourite dystopian books! The plot was absolutely amazing! I was on the edge of my seat for most of it! There is also plenty of action in it as well! The setting is a dystopian as I mentioned which I loved as it definitely suited the overall plot of the story! The characters were amazing as well! Ember Miller was the main character and Article 5 is told from her point of view! Watching Ember grow was so good! She went from shy to brave which was amazing to see happen! Chase Jennings was the love interest of Ember and I loved him! He was so protective and hot! Ember and Chase's relationship was so cute and I absolutely adored them as a couple! The ending was a bit weird in my opinion but I ran with it! I am really looking forward to the next book in this series as this book was amazing! I also really love the cover as it suits the book!


        Also the song for this book is ♪ P!nk - I Don't Believe You ♪

1 comment:

  1. I ordered this book as a Christmas gift for my friend, she read a little bit about it and has been talking about it non-stop but hasn't bought it for herself. And i know she won't because she is already into some other book series'. Here's hoping she likes it.

    Cath Brookes (Seward Fishing)

    ReplyDelete