About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Friday 31 August 2012

Review: Rhythm In Blue by tfc Parks!

Publication date: 24th March 2011
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 3 and a half stars
Synopsis: After running away from an abusive, alcoholic father at the age of fifteen, Rick Rowland has overcome his past and made a name for himself as the bassist for the popular 70’s rock band, Smoke n’ Mirrors. With his choice of beautiful women, and a party-all-the-time lifestyle, Rick knows he’s got it made. Then he meets someone who makes him question who he really is, and makes him wonder if he ran far enough away from his past. - goodreads.com

Please be aware that this is an adult book!

I wasn't really sure if I was going to like this book as it was told from a male point of view but I was asked by the author if I could write a review for her and I said yes! I thought that the book went at a good pace most of the time and it was the first time that I had ever read something like it! I have to say though that sometimes Rhythm In Blue sometimes went a bit slow and I felt myself losing interest but then something would happen that would draw me right back in! The main character is Rick Rowland and I have to say that I did like Rick and I thought that he was a good main character. I really liked Shelby who is the romantic interest of Rick and I thought that underneath the cracks she was a really nice person. Rick is in a band called Smokes n' Mirrors and he goes with his band, Devon, Randy and Keith to his sister, Erin's wedding in Greece which is where he meets Shelby who is only 15 while Rick is 28. I honestly though that the age difference was surprising and that Shelby acted a lot older than 15. Rick leaves Greece and Shelby with his band and he gets in a car crash which he has to recover from. It was sad to see this happen to Rick but he recovered brilliantly with the help of his friends. Drugs also play a big part in this book as Rick takes them and he has an overdose. Rick's band and Julia take him to a treatment center to get him help for his drug addiction which I thought was absolutely necessary as he was going to end up killing himself. Rick starts other relationships with other women to try and forget Shelby but it doesn't work. The ending of this book was sad but so good! Big thank you to tfc Parks for a copy of her book!

No comments:

Post a Comment