About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Thursday 9 August 2012

Review: Predestined [Existence 02] by Abbi Glines!

Publication date: 29th March 2012
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 4 stars
Synopsis: You would think after helping save her boyfriend from an eternity in Hell that things would go back to normal. Well, as normal as life can be when you can see souls and your boyfriend is Death. But for Pagan Moore, things are just getting weirder.

The high school quarterback and reigning heartthrob, Leif Montgomery, is missing. While the town is in a frenzy of worry, Pagan is a nervous wreck for other reasons. Apparently good ‘ol Leif isn’t your average teenage boy. He isn’t even human. According to Death, Leif doesn’t have a soul. The quarterback may have skipped town but he’s still showing up in Pagan’s dreams... uninvited.

Dank has known from the beginning Leif wasn’t human. But he hadn’t worried about a simple soulless creature. Now, he realizes he made a grave mistake. Pagan’s soul has been marked since birth as a restitution, to a spirit so dark not even Death walks near it. Dank knows saving Pagan’s soul won’t be easy but Pagan is his. And he’s already proven he’ll defy Heaven to keep her. If Hell wants a piece of him too, then bring it on. - goodreads.com

Favourite Quote: “Death had just shed a tear”

I really liked this book and I really enjoyed reading from both Pagan and Dank’s point of views but I didn’t enjoy it as much as the first book. I liked that Gee was in this book a lot and that she wasn’t evil this time. After the end of Existence I could not wait to read Predestined! Pagan had grown since the last book and I loved her even more in this book. I was seriously upset with what happened to Wyatt which left Miranda alone but Pagan supported her amazingly. What Pagan's mother did was unbelievable and Pagan has to face the consequences by going to Vilokan. I thought the Voodoo aspect of this book was interesting but a bit strange as I hadn't read a book with this aspect before. I thought that Leif was cruel when he wanted to keep Pagan for himself after she was promised to him and also Ghede who is Leif's father was really creepy. Dank was so determined in this book to protect Pagan and it was amazing to get inside his head to see his emotions towards Pagan. The ending of this book was the exact same as Existence as it was great, left me begging for more and it was full of suspense. After reading the very end of this book there is a cliffhanger which left me begging for the next book. I am looking forward to reading the last book in this series, Ceaseless and seeing what happens at the end of this series!


No comments:

Post a Comment